The long and winding road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear
I've seen that road before

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Final Exam Week

Hey there,
So seeing as finals are all this week I figured I’d talk about them. In my opinion, people freak out over them and make them a bigger deal than they really are. First of all, they are meant to sway your grade. The most damage they can do is lower your grade from a B to a B- . So really, that isn’t that bad. I also feel like people freak out and cram, when in reality the best thing you can do is NOT FREAK OUT. Just study for them like you would a normal test, the only real difference is that there is more material. I also wish people wouldn't tell you that you’re going to fail if you’re not locked in your room studying a week before them. Like really, you’re that much of a spaz? Take a chill pill. For real.
This year we a have one exam per day, which may sound less stressful, but in reality it’s just making me more nervous. In previous years we’ve had two exams per day, which hasn’t been that bad. I’ve always had the perfect amount of study time, and because the exams were more condensed I had less time to get nervous, unfortunately, this year I will have too much study time, and more  than enough to freak out.
Whenever I study for exams I eat kettle corn and wickles (spicy pickles). Not together obviously, but that’s what I snack on.
This year my exam schedule goes like this:
Tuesday: Social Studies Exam 9:00-10:30
Wednesday: Math Exam 9:00-11:00
Thursday: French Exam 9:00-10:30
Friday: English Exam 9:00-10:30
Monday: Science Exam 9:00-10:30, Latin Exam 1:00-3:00
Our social studies exam is on abolition and women’s rights, and every time I try to study I get really depressed because I have to read Frederick Douglass, and all this horrible stuff about slavery and I get really sad, and I have a hard time concentrating. I’m glad it’s my first exam so I can get it over with.
My Math exam is on Algebra I. I get everything except I'm a little unstable on the stuff we learned like a day before exam review so I have to work on that.
I'm really good at French (not to brag or anything but it’s definitely my easiest subject), so I feel confident about the exam.
My English exam is on Romeo and Juliet (kill me now), and The Odyssey. It’s not that bad since there’s no grammar involve, but I absolutely HATE Romeo and Juliet so I’m not exactly looking forward to revisiting it.
My last day of exams will definitely be my hardest. First off Science is my hardest subject, and my teacher is half psycho-path. Luckily that exam will be all multiple choice and fill in the blanks which I’m really good at.
My last exam will be Latin. Where do I begin? Latin is tied with Science as my hardest subject. I’m good at it, but it confuses me. I don’t really understand it, but I do. I don’t know where I stand with it. Luckily my teacher is a really easy grader so I think I'm in good shape, I’m just…nervous. I don’t want to blow it on my last exam.
I just can’t wait until this week is over, it’ll be like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders.
Seven days.
That’s it.
   
   

1 comment: