The long and winding road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear
I've seen that road before

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Latin Project and a Cold

Hello,

So recently I have been working on this Latin project thingy, and to be honest I have never been more stressed/upset about anything ever before. I made a model of the Parthenon, except it didn't really go as planned. My original idea was to make everything out of clay including the inside, and the statue of Athena (I made the model look like it had when it had just been built). That idea quickly morphed as I was faced with a time limit and many obstacles. First I decided instead of clay for the columns I would use wood, and I would only make the outside. I got the columns all ready and then I tried to glue them down. With a hot glue gun. Bad idea. Apparently hot glue melts foam board, so I would blow on the columns and they would come tumbling down. This happened about twenty times. I was a wreck. Yesterday I finally got help and started using wood glue, which though it did take forever to dry, did the trick, and now my model Parthenon is finished and I am happy. I know I won’t win the city-wide contest, but I don’t care. That thing has given me so much trouble when I get it back I am going to smash it to bits and then burn it. I vowed I would never cry so hard again. Here is a picture of it.

The other thing that has been stressing me this week is this cold I have. It is so annoying I have a runny nose, and watery eyes, and i keep getting a little itch in my nose and then I feel like I have to sneeze for like a minute and then I can’t sneeze. It’s so unsatisfying. Do you know how annoying it is to feel like you have to sneeze but to not be able to? It’s very annoying. So that’s all for today.
ttfn

1 comment:

  1. I made a model of mt. vesuvius out of clay. It was the only thing I could think of at the time...

    ReplyDelete