The long and winding road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear
I've seen that road before

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Super Bowl

Hello,
So today, as most of you know is the Super Bowl: an excuse to have parties, eat fattening foods, and drink a lot of beer/soda. As some of you may know we had some English exchange students here around Halloween, and they asked why we make such a big deal out of Halloween. I thought about this question for a while (more like 30 sec. but you get the point) and said, “It’s an excuse to have parties.” Of course, it’s also an excuse to dress up, eat candy, and act like a kid again, but that got me wondering, do Americans make big deals out of little things as excuses to have parties? That is what I believe happens with the Super Bowl.
I do understand football, but something I don’t understand is why men like it so much. What is it about the sport that draws all males to it? Anyone care to answer? Thanks.
I have also realized that the Super Bowl is the world’s central of advertisements. I think it’s probably the most watched program every year, so there’s always HUGE competition to get an ad in. This competition also makes the ads some of the most memorable/funny/talked about the next day ads ever.
ttfn
P.S. GO PACKERS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Americans do have wayy to many parties... my parents r goin 2 a superbowl party tonight but im not. hw :P

    ReplyDelete