The long and winding road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear
I've seen that road before

Friday, February 11, 2011

Romeo and Juliet

Romeo and Juliet, the classic story of forbidden love; there are too many references made in pop culture to name, and everyone knows the story. Before this year I really didn't think too much about the story, but now that my school is giving us an overload of Romeo this, Juliet that, I am being forced to think about it. To start out we are reading the play. It’s okay, I'm not really pro-Shakespeare, but it’s not horrible. On top of that we are watching the old Romeo and Juliet movie and the 1994 one with LEO DICAPRIO <333. In addition we just saw the opera Romeo and Juliet. It was bad. It was in French. It was four hours long. It was on my half birthday. Teachers still assigned us homework. Let’s just say that I really did not enjoy the experience.   
To be honest though, I don’t know why everyone makes such a big deal out of the story, I mean halfway through I get sick of it and just want them to die already, everyone’s happier that way. Their death is actually a good thing. Why couldn’t they have just killed themselves in the first act? It would have saved the world a lot of time. I just don’t understand why people make such a big deal out of it. I know Shakespeare “created” the forbidden love idea, but really do you HAVE to worship him? It’s almost as bad as Justin Beiber (I mean how people are obsessed with him, not how he sounds/looks).
Okay, if you really want my opinion I think the story is a waste of time. I mean they just die in the end anyway. I also think it is way over-referenced and way over-used (as in pop culture references).
ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment